Saturday 26 June 2010

Thesis Vs Practice

The two are meant to go hand in hand but over the past few months this line as become a solid brick wall, when writing and researching it has become hard to remain creative. My creative side as slipped, almost becoming none existent. This has worried me. The research is meant to help to formulate the practice and visa versa, yet it is only when the research is completed that the two can merge into one. However to undertake one without the other would result in an unbalanced set of ideas and thinking. It becomes a double edged knife, a tight rope balancing act to ensure that both sets of objectives work towards the end product.

I am coming to the end of my 1st draft now and I'm able to see that although it has been a struggle, the end results have success-ed in allowing the research to inform the practice and visa versa.

So now I am able to embrace my creative side once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment